You’re booking with the photographer of your dreams, you’re ready to have him/her come in for your wedding and reception only and that’s the end of that! He/she pitched you the idea of an engagement shoot but you thought it would unnecessarily break the bank. So you turned it down and had him show up only for the wedding!
You get your wedding photos back from your amazing photographer. Perfect light, perfect compositions, perfect everything EXCEPT you don’t like how you look or WORSE, you looked at the camera in almost all the photos with a straight, awkward face.
I’m here to save you from that and give you five, from a list of many reasons as to why YOU NEED TO BOOK AN ENGAGEMENT SESSION with your photographer before your wedding day!
1. Building Rapport With The Photographer Of Your Dreams – Yes, your photographer is a professional! An amazing one! But at the end of the day, he’s still human and the only he can work his magic is to build an awesome relationship with you prior to the wedding and the best way to do that is during the engagement session. It’s a set relaxed time where you and the photographer get to interact in the photography environment, get to know each other a little better and he gets to learn what works with you and what doesn’t.
Quick Tip : When your photographer asks about your epic love story with your significant other, tell them everything! Why? Well, photographers like me love to personalize the shoot according to the love story and we will look out for things that match that cute story on the wedding day to add to your gorgeous album!
2. Getting Comfortable In Front Of The Camera – Think about this. Would you want to worry about looking good on camera on your wedding day on top of the countless other worries you may have OR would you want to worry about that on your engagement session and have your epic photographer comfort and give you all the confidence you need to be a bauss in front of the camera and you going into the wedding knowing that everything will be okay? I’m hoping we’re all thinking about the latter. Also guess what? Confidence in front of the camera on the wedding day, given the fast paced timelines, really helps knock out loads of great photos in a short period of time!
Cha – Ching! You just set yourself up for loads of beautiful couple photos on your wedding day! :’)
3. Make-Up Trials – Did you just spend $100 on a makeup trial and just show if off using selfies? Why waste that when you make use of that trial for your engagement session? After getting back the photos from the day, you can talk to your makeup artist about how epic the makeup was and if there are any changes you want for the wedding day, talk about having everything perfect! Am I right?
4. Save-the-Dates, Pre-Wedding Slideshows, Guest Books, Banners, Personalized Table Cards, Canvases – The list can go on and on!
5. Awesome Photos To Show Off To Your Friends! – You just hired the photographer of your dreams, you’re about to get married, your emotions are on the high, the anticipation to your wedding day is building up! Amazing photos that truly showcase you and your significant other, and how you feel about each other (which would bring a little more of that romantic fire) would be the best thing to add to the excitement! Sharing the gorgeous photos online, new Facebook covers, profile pictures and having your family and friends talk about the best to-be couple on the block, Now that’s an awesome way to build the wedding excitement!
I hope that convinced you to book that engagement session with your photographer.